DNS Security Filtering
Benefits of DNS Security Filtering
Robust and Reliable
Strong Network Defense
No Hardware Required
Known Threat Protection
How it Works
Checking Requested Domains
The service protects against malware, ransomware, phishing, and DNS data exfiltration by automatically checking requested domains against Akamai’s real-time domain risk scoring engine. Domains and IP addresses associated with malicious sites will not be resolved, preventing users from accessing the malicious sites.
- Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) Management Page – Policies are easily managed and changed.
- DNS Security Filtering Dashboard – Allows users to quickly identify threats and begin implementing solutions.
- Security Policy Configuration Page – Where the 4 threat categories are configured (Malware, Phishing, C&C and DNS Exfiltration).
Key Monitoring Features
- Real Time Threat Intelligence – Up-to-the-minute threat intelligence with low false positives.
- AUP Management – Customize and enforce your enterprise AUP and ensure compliance by limiting access to certain content categories.
- Analysis and Reporting – Real-time insight via an easy-to-use dashboard into all outbound enterprise DNS traffic.
- Security Insights – Quickly understand why Akamai has added a domain or a URL to its threat intelligence lists.
- Logging – DNS logs are retained for 30 days and can easily be exported as a .CSV file or integrated into a SIEM for further analysis.
- Enterprise Connectors – Endpoint client, Sinkhole, and ETP Proxy features available at no additional cost.
Ready to get started?
Experts Ready to Help
MCNC’s security consultants are available to assist with your cybersecurity needs.Security Advisory Consulting