Press and Media
MCNC is a non-profit, client-focused technology organization. Founded in 1980, MCNC owns and operates the North Carolina Research and Education Network (NCREN), one of America’s longest-running regional research and education networks. With 40 years of innovation, MCNC provides high-performance services for education, research, libraries, health care, public safety, and other community anchor institutions throughout North Carolina. NCREN is the fundamental broadband infrastructure for 850 of these institutions including all K-20 education in North Carolina. As one of the nation’s premier middle-mile fiber networks, MCNC leverages NCREN to customize Internet services and related applications for each customer while supporting private service providers in bringing cost-efficient connectivity to rural and underserved communities in North Carolina.
We welcome inquiries from the media on topics covered in our news or other topics regarding MCNC. Email us with your questions and inquiries.
MCNC often receives requests for permission to use our logos. To maintain the integrity of our brand, please adhere to the guidelines below.
Guidelines for Logo use
- The MCNC logo should never be recreated or altered in any way.
- Always maintain clear space around the logo to ensure high visibility.
- The MCNC logo should never be stretched or cropped.
- In full color pieces, the gradient logo should be used.
- Use the black logo in instances when the logo will be reproduced in black and white printouts and copies.
If you have questions regarding appropriate usage or distribution of the MCNC logo please email us for clarification.