NCREN Community Credentials
The NCREN Community Credentials account service provides Single Sign On (SSO) access to information in MCNC's online information services, and is offered to our community for those institutions that do not yet participate in one of the NCREN recognized federations. If your institution already provides an SSO account or participates in one of the recognized federations, an NCREN Community account may not be needed. Otherwise, please follow the instructions below in order to complete the process of creating your account.
Creating an Account and Logging into the MCNC Website
Please follow the steps below to create an NCREN Community Credentials account and login to the MCNC website.
- Create an NCREN Community Account if your institution is not in the Institution list on our login page.
- Fill out the Create Account form to establish a NCREN Community Account. Your first name, last name, desired username, and password are required. You will also need to confirm your password. The strength of your password will be noted. Click the Create Account button.
Note: Keep your username for future reference.
- The email address verification will be displayed and an activation link will be sent to the email address you entered. Check your inbox for the activation link and click it to activate your NCREN Community account.
- Once you have completed the Verification process, you will be directed to the Verification Complete screen. You will also receive a confirmation message.
- You can now login by clicking the link. Remember to select NCREN Community from the institution list.
- Login to the website with your established username and password.