Zoom is a collaborative cloud-based video and web conferencing platform. Zoom offers virtual meeting rooms in which meeting participants can join a meeting easily, whether from a room system, desktop system or mobile device via app or web browser. Each virtual meeting room can have up to 100 participants at a time and invited participants do not have to have a Zoom account to join a meeting. Also, Zoom meetings can be bridged in with MCNC’s Telepresence Management Suite scheduled sessions for extra video system connectivity capabilities.
Zoom’s user management allows account owners to create users, each with their own virtual meeting room.
Key Features for Zoom account owners/users:
- Permanent multi-participant meeting capabilities via Zoom virtual meeting rooms
- An account owner can add/invite other users to their account - users would have their own Zoom virtual meeting room
- One-touch meeting and calendar integration via Google Chrome and Outlook plug-ins
- A user can host unlimited minutes with up to 100 participants at a time
Key Features for Zoom conference participants:
- Participants do not have to have a Zoom account to join a meeting
- HD video quality capabilities
- H.323/SIP Connector - Allows users to connect their H.323/SIP room systems to the cloud to communicate with desktop, tablet and mobile devices via Zoom
- Interoperability with video room systems/endpoints such as Polycom, Cisco (Tandberg) and Lifesize
- Participants can join sessions from their PC/Mac/Chromebooks with a web browser extension and are fully interactive via video/audio
- Interoperability with mobile devices via app (iOS and Android)
- Remote participants can be seen full screen (active speaker) or in a continuous presence (gallery) view
- Dual stream for simultaneous people and content viewing
There are no documents available at this time.
Zoom licenses are offered to NCREN Education customers only.
If you would like additional information about Zoom for your organization, or if you have questions about the service, please submit a web request.