NCREN Video Services operates a H.323/SIP standards-based IP and Cisco TelePresence (CTS) based IP video conferencing infrastructure. We use video conferencing equipment supported by a Cisco/Codian MCU as well as equipment required for Cisco TelePresence. We support the major brands of codecs including Polycom, Cisco and Sony. We provide a cross-platform of video services with options available for Standard-Definition (SD), High-Definition (HD) up to a resolution of 720p, and Cisco TelePresence. We can support conferences having a mix of H.323, Cisco TelePresence CTS endpoints, and standards based soft clients. Point-to-Point & Multi-Point Sessions are base services that can incorporate other NCREN services offerings including.
- Recorded/Archived Sessions
- Interactive Audio Inclusion
Each site should perform a test with NCREN after completing the certification form and prior to their connection for their first session. All rooms or sites that have not been previously connected to the NCREN Video Network must go through our Site Certification Test. See Documents area for additional information.
To schedule a test, please follow the procedures for submitting a Request for Service and complete the Site Certification Form.
Note: Sites can be included in a scheduled multi-point call, but there is no assurance that the session will be successful unless a test is conducted prior to first connection. For participants that do not use IP-based video codecs, audio-only participation is also available.
For more information on video session procedures, please view the NCREN Video Session Procedures.
Any site who wishes to connect interactively to NCREN should:
- Have an H.323 standards-based IP video codec, or Cisco TelePresence endpoint located in a designated room.
- Room should be properly equipped with lighting and audio equipment for video conferencing.
- A technical support person should be readily available at all times. In order to maximize the participants’ experience, it is preferred that a participant functions in this role. This allows quick and easy access to technical assistance for the participating site and an on-site person to troubleshoot with should it become necessary.
- Have the room registered within the MCNC system so that it can be scheduled (Optional).
- As part of the registration process, the site should provide NCREN with a telephone number and contact person where someone can be reached for the duration of the video conference session.
If you would like to arrange for MCNC to price point-to-point and multi-point video conferencing for your organization, or if you have questions about the service, please submit a web request.