Conference on Creating Sustainable Broadband Solutions for Community Anchor Institutions
The NCREN Community is invited to attend a conference by the Schools, Health, and Libraries Broadband (SHLB) Coalition and the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA). The conference theme is "Creating Sustainable Broadband Solutions for Communities and Anchor Institutions".
Dates: May 22 - 24, 2012
Location: Arlington VA
This national conference which will explore sustainability strategies for next-generation broadband networks and examine how community anchor institutions can leverage these broadband investments to serve their communities.
Full agenda, hotel information and registration is available at http://shlb.org/events.
- Keynote from Larry Strickling, Administrator of NTIA.
- Two days of sessions, 20 break-out sessions.
- 400 people expected to attend.
- Over 50 Department of Commerce and NTIA/BTOP staff will attend.
- Evening receptions on May 22 and May 23.
- Multiple sessions discussing FCC decisions impacting broadband access and digital literacy training.
- Rural Utility Service session plus a plenary speech from Jonathan Adelstein, Administrator of RUS.
Get involved in the dialogue exploring national issues, policy and benchmarking with Community Anchor Institutions on strategies for scaling to the demands of the future.