MCNC welcomed Nadia Campbell from North Wake College and Career Academy in July as part of the annual Teachers@Work organized by the North Carolina Business Committee for Education and NCDPI. Nadia was exposed to the teams, resources, and the people that enable MCNC to serve the entire state on the North Carolina Research and Education Network (NCREN). Her visit included:
- time with legal, human resources, and project management teams,
- exploration of the front end and back end of the website and tools with the Knowledge & Information Systems and Communications team,
- a tour and overview of the Data Center,
- a visit with engineers to NCREN's hut in Sanford, NC,
- an in-depth experience in the 365x24x7 Network Operations Center (NOC) and a behind the scenes view of the Video networking,
- a comprehensive discussion of how Client Network Engineering (CNE) serves the K-12 community and other customers,
- the essential elements of the Security team's efforts to keep our customers secure,
- the complexities of MCNC's financial management with our CFO
- and even one on one time with our President and CEO.
See some of the highlights of Nadia's three days at MCNC.