The position will provide security consulting and support services to MCNC customers, which includes public school systems, charter schools, community colleges, universities, and other Community Anchor Institutions in North Carolina. The position will deliver engagements from MCNC’s portfolio of Security Services, including security policy review and implementation, security program review, vulnerability and risk assessments and other consulting services. Consultants will also develop relationships with assigned customers and assist them with security program implementation and guidance on other security and risk management concerns.
- Partner with MCNC customers to deliver security consulting engagements across the MCNC security services portfolio. Includes performing on-site and remote security, risk, and vulnerability assessments, as well as security program reviews.
- Develop and nurture effective relationships with key customer contacts to establish yourself as a trusted partner and foster success in helping customers address complex risk and security concerns.
- Assist MCNC customers in designing and implementing security programs and controls to improve their security posture and appropriately manage cybersecurity risk.
- Assess, design, and provide implementation guidance on customer strategies for managing cybersecurity risk.
- Create comprehensive written reports to document customer requirements and engagement deliverables.
- Provide technical assistance in support of onboarding customers to MCNC Security Services offerings.
- Provide input to help define MCNC’s security advisory services offerings, and help develop repeatable processes and templates used in service delivery.
- Develop and share best-practice knowledge among MCNC’s constituent community regarding cybersecurity issues.
- Provide support and assistance to MCNC’s Client Network Engineering team in resolving complex technical security issues for MCNC customers.
- Provide guidance and assistance to MCNC customers on a variety of cybersecurity issues (both technical and non-technical).
- Provide guidance to MCNC customers on cybersecurity incident response.
- Work to ensure attainment of established client satisfaction goals.
- Provide technical and operational assistance as necessary in support of MCNC’s internal security program.
- Additional duties as assigned by the CISO.
- B.S. in Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, (or related field) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant industry certifications (such as CISSP, CISA, GIAC, Microsoft, Red Hat, etc.) are a plus.
- Highly technical and analytical, and possess 5+ years of experience in enterprise technology integration and delivery. Experience providing direct consulting services is a plus, particularly experience in information security consulting. Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Possess technical knowledge and skills that are both broad and deep. Hands-on experience across multiple IT disciplines including enterprise networking, security, directory services, and end-user devices (desktops/laptops/mobile devices). An excellent understanding of best practices across technologies.
- Experience representing an organization in a customer-facing role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to work in a responsible and proactive fashion collaboratively or with minimal direct supervision.
- Experience providing technology consulting services to customers in MCNC’s constituent community is a plus (K-20 education, Healthcare, State and Local Governments, Non-profits, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MCNC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing the requisition number and position title.