Schedule: 15-20 hours per week/Flexible arrangement (in office and remote as work requires)
Salary: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour (based on education and experience)
MCNC is a technology non-profit that builds, owns, and operates a leading-edge broadband infrastructure for North Carolina’s research, education, non-profit healthcare, and other community institutions.
We have an immediate need to hire an enthusiastic Marketing Intern to join our Cybersecurity Services Team. In this role you will help provide creative marketing strategies that will enhance the growth of our Cybersecurity Services. A first class team whose mission is to provide top-notch security consulting and support services to the North Carolina public school systems, charter schools, community colleges, universities, public safety organizations, and healthcare industry.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our Security Services Program Manager in all stages of marketing strategies. Your insight and learned knowledge will help develop, expand, and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies.
- Assist with developing the branding and messaging of MCNC’s security services
- Create various marketing material (e.g. infographics, diagrams, etc.)
- Develop marketing communications and promotional campaigns via on-line and other digital platforms
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Assist with marketing and advertising promotional activities
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Assist with managing leads for current and potential clients
- Perform various marketing administrative tasks as needed
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Participate and contribute to team meetings and training sessions
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant field with a concentration in marketing
- In-depth understanding of different marketing techniques
- Ability to create infographics and diagrams
- In-depth understanding of elements of marketing
- Minimum of two (2) years of study in marketing and sales of information technology services and products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MCNC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabilities/Veterans.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workforce.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com referencing the job number 736.