This position is located in RTP, NC. Relocation assistance is not available. Join our mission to provide world-class network support to the North Carolina public school systems, charter schools, community colleges, universities, public safety organizations, and healthcare industry. We understand that it is the employees that make us successful so we’ve created an environment that helps people do their best work. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a popular, comprehensive benefits package!
Position will work within the Network Operations team to maintain a highly available statewide network. Key responsibilities include managing and administering the provisioning of NCREN services for new and existing MCNC customers, with a focus on customer satisfaction.
This position will report to the Network Operations Center Manager and work alongside NCREN network analysts and engineers. The work contributed by this position directly impacts MCNC’s mission of providing advanced networking services to North Carolina’s Research and Education (R&E), public healthcare, and other non-profit of public sector community anchor institutions.
- Manage all provisioning activities to include ordering bandwidth and potentially other above the net services directly from providers and following up on delivery of these services. This includes ordering and expediting North Carolina Department of Information Technology (NC-DIT) and outside vendor service orders and requests, coordinating with MCNC Engineering staff and Project Management to ensure timely equipment ordering and configuration, scheduling Engineering staff installation visits with customers, follow up to make sure service is completed on time, communication of deviations from scheduled installs and reason for deviation to all internal parties and coordination with the NOC to ensure all pre-and in-service testing is completed on time.
- Coordinate with MCNC’s Customer Service/Sales Representatives to send “Welcome Letter” to new customers after notified that service is installed.
- Responsible for managing common fulfillment calendar for Engineering and Operations staff. This includes coordination with the individual calendars of engineering and operations staff and verification of a scheduled install or install pre call with the appropriate staff, working closely with the Network Operations Center Coordinator.
- Assist with the development of reports in ticketing system of all pending activity
- Coordinate with Accounting Department to ensure timely invoicing completed on next cycle after service completion noted on ticket.
- Receives and directs to appropriate staff customer complaints and other issues and verifying that issues are resolved to the mutual satisfaction of customer and MCNC.
- Attends seminars, conferences, and educational activities to remain up-to-date on latest product, customer, and service developments, trends, and regulations.
- Follows-up on all customer facing activities resulting from sales and service efforts to ensure deliverables are met and customers are satisfied.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Network Operations Center Manager.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience in customer service/relationship field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in direct customer facing service environment.
- Strong technical background and experience in networking service is plus
- Relevant project management experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high pressure environment that requires a focused attention to detail.
Top candidates will also have:
- Ability to analyze customer circumstances and develop solutions and recommendations that best solve the issues.
- Keen customer focus as a team player with a positive attitude and ability to be flexible.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MCNC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job number above.