This position is located in RTP, NC. Relocation assistance is not available. It is a 3rd shift position and will include weekends. Join our mission to provide world-class network support to the North Carolina public school systems, charter schools, community colleges, universities, public safety organizations, and healthcare industry. We understand that it is the employees that make us successful so we’ve created an environment that helps people do their best work. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a popular, comprehensive benefits package! Position will be located in the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina.
You’ll perform monitoring and troubleshooting connectivity for institutions connected to the North Carolina Research and Education Network (NCREN) IP/MPLS network. This position will also ensure the functionality and security of MCNC facilities. In support of the NCREN backbone, this job role participates in ultimately minimizing network and service downtime. During the work shift, this position will be responsible for monitoring MCNC facilities and performing on-site walk-throughs.
- Monitors all local and remote network elements to ensure operational integrity and to provide timely restoration of service upon the detection of network troubles.
- Detects, isolates, and troubleshoots failures and degraded network performance in adherence with customer service level agreements.
- Provides courteous and professional real-time assistance to customers.
- Contacts service providers, equipment vendors, and customers directly in order to troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
- Records and tracks scheduled maintenances, outages, service degradations, and general inquiries from customers via MCNC’s ticketing system (BMC Footprints).
- Monitors environmental conditions in on-site and remote MCNC facilities.
- Provides on-site local and remote support as required.
- Configures and performs maintenance on core devices and customer premise equipment.
- Participates in the maintenance of the network and customer information stored in the NCREN network operations database.
- Keeps abreast of emerging networking technologies and related tools.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Network Operations Center Manager.
Successful candidates will have:
- Associate’s Degree in Networking Technology or equivalent experience/education.
- 6 months – 1 year experience in a help desk technology support role.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Top candidates will also have:
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Ability to configure Cisco routers and switches via the command line interface.
- Experience with Ethernet and proficiency in Cisco IOS, Static Routing and IP Subnetting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MCNC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing the requisition number and position title.