Positions will be located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
This position is for 3rd shift and may include weekends.
MCNC is seeking an Associate Network Operations Analyst to join the NCREN Network Operations Center team. We are looking to immediately fill this opening with a detail-oriented candidate who is eager to gain data networking experience in a service provider environment while offering world-class network support to MCNC’s vast constituent base. Key responsibilities include monitoring and troubleshooting connectivity for institutions connected to the NCREN IP/MPLS network and collocated in MCNC’s Data Center. The position will also ensure the functionality and security of MCNC facilities.
In support of the NCREN backbone, this job role participates in ultimately minimizing network and service downtime. During the work shift, this position will be responsible for monitoring MCNC facilities and performing on-site walk-throughs.
This position will report to the Network Operations Center Manager and work alongside NCREN network engineers. The work contributed by this position directly impacts MCNC’s mission of providing advanced networking services to North Carolina’s Research and Education (R&E) community.
- Monitors all local and remote network elements to ensure operational integrity and to provide timely restoration of service upon the detection of network troubles.
- Detects, isolates, and troubleshoots failures and degraded network performance in adherence with customer service level agreements.
- Provides courteous and professional real-time assistance to customers.
- Contacts service providers, equipment vendors, and customers directly in order to troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
- Records and tracks scheduled maintenances, outages, service degradations, and general inquiries from customers via MCNC’s ticketing system (BMC Footprints).
- Monitors environmental conditions in on-site and remote MCNC facilities.
- Provides on-site local and remote support as required.
- Configures and performs maintenance on core devices and customer premise equipment.>
- Participates in the maintenance of the network and customer information stored in the NCREN network operations database.
- Keeps abreast of emerging networking technologies and related tools.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Network Operations Center Manager.
Minimum Education and Experience / Position Requirements
- Associate’s degree in Networking Technology or equivalent education or experience
- 6 months – 1 year experience in a help desk technology support role.
- Data networking knowledge and experience preferred.
- Ability to configure Cisco routers and switches via the command line interface is a plus.
- Experience with Ethernet and proficiency in Cisco IOS, Static Routing and IP Subnetting is a plus.
- Cisco CCNA Certification is a plus.
Candidate must have demonstrated the following characteristics
- Interfaces well with customers, professional services staff and other non-technical members of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MCNC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the requisition number and position title.