The Associate Client Network Engineer will provide network engineering consulting and operational support services to public K-12 and community college clients in North Carolina. The position will also promote the North Carolina Research and Education Network (NCREN) throughout the education community, and work with the education community to identify, develop, and promote enhanced services that leverage NCREN. As an Associate Client Network Engineer, you will gain hands-on network and system administration experience and have the opportunity to earn certifications in IT-related programs. You will also be mentored by senior staff who will help develop your technical and business skills.
- In collaboration with more senior staff, measure, analyze and document client network infrastructure to identify potential issues and make suggestions for recommended changes. Assist with the preparation of network assessment final reports.
- Use Wi-Fi planning and diagnostic tools to analyze and document client wireless local area networks; make recommendations for wireless system enhancements to optimize or improve system performance.
- Work with public school systems and community colleges to design and implement the network and security infrastructure required to support current and emerging instructional and administrative applications.
- Provide operational support to public school systems and community colleges to resolve complex network problems; provide problem management support as needed.
- Develop and share best-practice knowledge among the education community.
- Act as the principal liaison between MCNC and the education community. Primary relationships include: information technology staff for K-12 schools and community colleges, state education agencies, state technology agencies, equipment vendors, E-Rate experts, and telecommunications service providers.
- Work with client groups to identify and evaluate new service offerings. Provide input to inform NCREN service development plans.
- Work to ensure attainment of established client satisfaction goals.
- Recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in a technical field, such as Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field, or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in English and strong oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about networking, information technology or computer science.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Goal-oriented and high standards for quality and performance.
- Holding Cisco Certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) or industry-recognized certifications is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MCNC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabilities/Veterans.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workforce.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job number above or to the address below.